These are the rules that all users on this wiki, including admins and bureaucrats, are expected to abide by. If you are ever uncertain of anything, or have a violation to report, please contact an administrator. Punishments for breaking the rules are generally decided on a case-by-case basis, depending on the severity of the offense and any previous violations.
If you are unable to reach an admin for emergency reporting, such as in the case of active vandalism or harassment, you can also report the offense to the Spam Obliteration and Protection Wiki.
Last updated on March 30, 2021.
- If discovered, an underage user will be blocked until they are of legal age to contribute. The expiration of the block will be the earliest date staff can determine a user to be the legal age of contribution, erring on the side of longer blocks.
- Attempting to avoid a valid underage user block will result in a permanent block that will not be lifted.
- If you become old enough to edit but your account is still blocked, you may contribute using a new Fandom account.
- Do not attempt to prove your age. In general, your stated age will be trusted, unless a younger age is found to have been shared somewhere else. Understand that any websites linked on your profile may be used to help determine your age.
- Vandalism, trolling, spamming, discrimination, harassment, sockpuppeting, and not safe for work (NSFW) content are strictly prohibited.
- Discrimination includes: racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, religious intolerance, etc.
- Harassment includes: hate speech, profanity, cyberbullying, cyberstalking, etc.
- NSFW content includes: sexual or explicit content; generally anything that would not be allowed in a school or workplace.
- Please report vandalism to an admin if it has not already been dealt with. It is also highly appreciated for any user to help undo disruptive edits.
- Be civil and respectful to other users. All opinions expressed in blog posts, article comments, and forums are to be respected unless they explicitly violate the rules of the wiki.
- If you feel the need to debate another user's argument, please approach them politely and do not resort to personal attacks.
- Admins are allowed to end these discussions at any time if they start to get out of hand.
- No swearing. Though children may not be allowed to create a Fandom account, they are still allowed to view the wiki, so all content should be appropriate for them to access.
- Listen to the staff. If a staff member asks you to stop doing something that is considered harmful or disruptive, please do so. Failure to heed warnings may result in your being blocked.
- Do not engage in edit wars. Always assume good faith and follow Wikipedia's three-revert rule.
- Your safety while using this wiki is your responsibility. Be careful who you give your personal details out to and report and ignore any user who isn't following the rules.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion. The wiki is a collaborative community resource for the topic at hand. It is not a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc.
- Do not edit other users' user pages. The only instance in which this is acceptable are to remove red links to pages that should not exist, add a header indicating that a user is inactive, or fix formatting issues that were obviously unintended. This applies to staff as well.
- Additionally, do not create pages for other users.
- User pages may be deleted if the user they belong to has been permanently blocked and they have not made any edits to their user page.
- No blank blogs with no content.
- No blogs for advertising products.
- No blogs with offensive behavior, including accusing other users, insulting other users, profanity, etc.
- No spamming blogs containing nonsensical sentences or words repeated over and over.
Several actions are prohibited on the wiki's chat and may result in you being kicked out. If you encounter any of these actions, simply take a screen shot and post it to an admin's wall. They include:
- Sexually explicit linking. Violation of this rule will result in you getting kicked from the chat and blocked from the wiki.
- Offensive behavior towards others, including: racism, sexism, religious intolerance, xenophobia, and homophobia.
- Spamming: writing nonsense in a repetitive manner to fill the chat box and block users from seeing what others type.
- Users are allowed to contribute to the wiki anonymously. However, we would strongly prefer that you create an account.
- Do not plagiarize or take credit for other people's work. Do not copy and paste articles from other wikis, and when uploading images to Fan Art, be sure to credit the user in the caption or as the filename.
- For a complete list of editing rules and guidelines specific to Merlin Wiki, please visit our Manual of Style.
- Comments should be relevant to the discussion, article, and/or its subject.
- Comments should consist of at least one full sentence.
- No spam comments (nonsense written in a repetitive manner).
- Be respectful to other users.
- Do not abuse capital letters.
These are the rules made specifically for the wiki's staff. If a staff member breaks any of these rules, please report it to a bureaucrat or trusted administrator, with evidence, so the situation may be taken care of. If you are unable to locate one, you may also contact Fandom support for advice.
- Admins are not to abuse their power in any way. Their actions should only be to benefit the wiki, not themselves. Administrators are in no way above normal users on the wiki; they are simply users entrusted with powerful editing tools. If an admin is caught abusing their power, they will be demoted and potentially blocked depending on the severity of the situation.
- Any staff member is eligible for demotion if they are inactive for a long period of time. There is no set date for how long a staff member can be inactive before being automatically demoted due to the circumstances. The amount of time it takes will be decided on a case-by-case basis.