|Also Known As:|| Queen Mab|
Queen of all the fears of men's hearts
|List of Appearances:||The Dark Tower|
Queen Mab helped Merlin find the way to the Dark Tower, speaking in riddles first, and speaking in rhymes later. She told Merlin that one of them wouldn't return, which later became true with Elyan's death in the tower (The Dark Tower).
- This character has the same name as Queen Mab who appeared in the 1998 film Merlin where she was the evil and twisted sister of The Lady in the Lake.
- Queen Mab is a character in Shakespeare's Midsummer's Night Dream.
- Queen Mab is also the subject of the famous Mercutio monologue in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. The portrayal of Mab in This series stayed true to that speech, in which Mercutio states that Queen Mab is very small.
- According to some scholars the name "Mab" originates from the name of queen Medb, a legendary queen of Connacht from the Ulster cycle.
- However this hypothesis is reputed in favour of the suggestion that "Mab" comes from the Middle English name "Mabily".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.