The necklace Eoin wears as Gwaine is actually his. The ring on the necklace is his father's wedding ring. The other is an Egyption charm that was given to him by his mother.
Eoin received his first major role in the film Studs in 2006. He then directed his first film Dreaming For You, a 22 minute production selected for the 2007 Los Angeles Short Film Festival.
In 2007, Eoin Macken's father James Macken died, leading Eoin to take a break from acting. In late 2007, Macken played Gavin Cluxton in the RTE show Fair City. In Christmas of that year, City Fair City made a live show called Fair City Sings. Eoin Macken was one of the cast members who sang on it, singing 'Hallelujah'. Macken also wrote and edited the no budget indie film Christian Blake, his debut feature film. It premiered at the Mid Ulster Film Festival 2008 before playing at the 2008 Galway Film Fleadh, and being released on May 19, 2009 with Celebrity Distribution and the sales company Around The Scenes Inc.
In 2008, Macken was the face of the Braun campaign, and directed, wrote and edited his second feature film, Dreaming For You, which he also acted in. The film was selected for the 2009 Galway Film Fleadh having just completed post production in late spring 2009.
Macken has had roles in 2009 in BBC drama Small Island, playing an American soldier Calhoon, Neil Marshall's new film Centurion opposite Michael Fassbender and Liam Cunningham, RTE series RAW season two, and RTE Storyland series, as well as Lee Cronin's film Through The Night opposite Nora Jane Noone.
Macken directed an hour length documentary on the Irish fashion industry, The Fashion of Modelling, which screened on RTE 2 on May 24, 2009.
He has been cast in NBC's pilot series 'Night Shift' as TC Callahan.
- Eoin Macken has younger sisters named Freya Macken and Niamh Macken.
- He has two half-brothers : Joshua Macken and Rhys Macken and one half-sister : Jane Macken.
- Eoin Macken posted on Twitter that Series 5 was a fail.
- Is good friends with co-star Tom Hopper.
- Has an honors degree in Psychology.
- He is passionate about swimming, horse riding, golf, football, athletics, rock climbing, surfing, sailing, kickboxing.
- Eoin Macken is able to imitate different accents: American, English, French, Scottish, Australian and various parts of Ireland.
- Always wears two charms around his neck - his father's wedding ring and an Egyptian symbol from his mother.
Series 4 Behind The Scenes